Sunday, March 8, 2009

Finished!!!!!!!

Can you hear the Hallelujah Chorus playing in the background? Before I post the "after" photos, I want to remind you where we started:
Quite the mess, yes? Well, after over a month and a half, and after numerous dollars spent, here is where we are now:

We are so grateful to have this mess behind us. I almost got choked up watching kids and dog romp and play this afternoon. It has been such a long time coming. I have lots to do inside the house in order to recover from all this, but I do want to give credit to my awesome husband, who has worked his tail off over the past four days, laying sod (injured, no less), resetting the fence, cleaning, organizing, and in general making things all better again outside. We also had a ton of help from Tony, Kevin, Teresa, Peggy, my Mom and Dad, and especially Johnathan. We could not have gotten this done without them, and we thank them with all our hearts.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

IT LOOKS GREAT!!!! That's going to be so nice for the kids (and Cooper) to run around on!

I'm surprised you wanted to get rif of the "pool" in the back yard....doesn't it get HOT down there? LOL.

Haley said...

Congrats, Katie! It looks great. I love the stonework, too. What a nice touch. Enjoy!!!!