Monday, April 20, 2009

'Bout Time for an Update

I know my blogging has lacked lately, and I am sorry (since I know you all are holding your breath waiting for updates from the Anders'). It's just that there hasn't been THAT much going on around here. We had a nice Easter regardless of the uncooperative weather, everyone has been healthy, and life is pretty dull. Fortunately.


The kids had a fun Easter weekend. Phil took them to MeMe and Papaw's house on Good Friday, and they hunted eggs down there on Saturday. They headed back Saturday night so the Easter Bunny would be able to find them on Sunday morning.
Amy's hair totally cracks me up in the morning, especially if she has slept in our bed and has had her head lodged between two pillows for a while. She gets a bit sweaty, and comes out looking like she should be in an 80's big hair band.
However, she does clean up nicely, and so does Nate. He looks like such a little man these days...

Amy's dress has kind of a poofy skirt, and the first time she put in on, she twirled around and said "Mommy, I Ci'rella!" Which is Amy-ese for Cinderella, in case you are unaware of her obsession with all things related to our favorite princess. She got a Cinderella Barbie from the Easter bunny, who I believe has lost her crown by now, but is at least still wearing clothes. I think. Nathan got a Transformer, and it may have lasted 20 minutes or so before being broken. They also got a fair amount of candy and some gum. They headed off to church, and I went to bed for a while. Later that afternoon, we headed to Gramma and Grampa's for Easter dinner and an indoor Egg Hunt. Between Alison and I, we had just over 200 stuffed plastic eggs for the kids to find, so need less to say, all the kids racked up on candy, gum, and coins for their piggy banks. They had fun, and dinner was fantastic--pork tenderloin!

The week before Easter, we had a nice (but too short) visit with my Aunt Carol who came down from Michigan for a few days. Hearing her stories of the problems the economy is causing in her state made us truly thankful that we live where we live and have the jobs we have. We were glad to have been able to spend a little time with her, but we hate that the visits are so few and far between!

Anyway, now that the Easter holiday is behind us, we are in a bit of a lull, just waiting on summer vacation. Phil and I will celebrate our sixth anniversary this coming weekend, but then we don't really have anything going on until Nate's birthday at the end of June. We are looking forward to the weather warming up some, the end of school, swimming lessons, and playing in the pool at Gramma and Grampa's. Partly in preparation for that, but mostly because I gross myself out, I am starting the Weight Watchers program again. I was pretty successful with it after Amy was born, but since then I have slowly gained back much of the weight I had lost then. I am not very excited about this, but I can't stand looking this way anymore, and being so unhealthy. I know I'll never have the body of a swimsuit model or anything close to that, but I have gotten to the point that I am back in sizes that I swore I would never wear again, and I'm mad at myself about it. I will either have to buy new pants of lose some weight if I want to have any clothes when it gets hot outside. So, wish me luck! I'll keep you posted on the progress. My goal is to lose 35 pounds.

Hope you all have a good week! I'll try not to wait so long between posts next time....and the yard is doing better. They have come and installed a couple more drain pipes. Every little bit helps. Maybe we'll be done one day.

No comments: