This past weekend, we have been making some changes around the house. A couple of weeks ago, we got new bedroom furniture for Amy, finally getting rid of the crib for good. It was a nice crib, and it was a safe, comfy place for my babies to sleep for the past five years, but I was not at all sad to see it go. Anyway, we had bought her bedding a while back, and ever since then I have been planning in my head how I wanted her room to look. I have had the paint colors and style chosen since I picked the bedding, so I was really excited to see it all come together. Phil took the day off on Friday, and we started painting as soon as we got the kids off to school. It went a lot faster than we thought it would, and by the time we picked up the kids that afternoon, all we lacked was a little bit of touch up work. Notice her headboard in these photos; the pink part comes out and the fabric can be changed as her tastes and decor change. Here is the finished room:
Also included in this project were the letters hanging on her wall. We got the idea from a Pottery Barn catalogue, but weren't into paying Pottery Barn prices for wooden letters. We didn't really want plain white letters either. I got the letters from Hobby Lobby and painted them myself and attached the ribbon to the top:

I also painted a set for Reagan and for Blake for their birthdays. Reagan's have lots of different colors and patterns, all girly, pastel-y colors. Blake's were primary colors with a Spiderman theme to go with his room decor. I did a set for Nathan as well, to match his room decor:

We started painting his room Saturday evening and finished up today. I got his bedding around the same time I got Amy's (both from Target), but his was out of necessesity as one of the cats had peed all over his old bedding. I let him pick out his new quilt, and he chose the camping theme over the sports theme. Here is his finished room:

Phil and I are both very pleased with how the rooms turned out. The kids don't really care, but maybe one day when they see these photos they will be reminded of their childhood bedrooms and think "Man, I sure did have a cool room back then. Thanks Mom and Dad!" Yeah, I know. Probably wishful thinking. Oh well, we love them anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment