Monday, September 8, 2008

Mega Update Special

So here are some updates since I have been the worst blogger ever lately.

First, on August 30, our nephew Blake had his 3rd birthday with a really fun party at a local gym. The kids got to run, climb, jump, and play for a couple of hours. Hopefully this counteracted all the cake.
Next, we have Lake Anders, a.k.a. our backyard. The remnants of Hurricane Gustav managed to make our lives a soggy mess all last week. It rained for 4 days straight, and when I came home from work Wednesday morning, our backyard looked like this:

Our street was so full of water that you couldn't see the pavement. When we get a heavy rain, both sides tend to fill up pretty quickly, but there is still enough pavement down the middle to drive on. Not this time. This in no way compares to my friend Reagan's fiasco down in Florida, but it was a lot of rain for us.

Yesterday, I had the honor of attending a baby shower for my friend Leslie. She used to work with me as a nurse in CVICU, but has since moved on to bigger and better things. Fortunately, she still comes back to visit and work an odd shift here and there, so I still get to see her, only not nearly as often as I would like. Anyway, she is way pregnant with her first baby, a boy who they are naming Matthew Logan. He should be making his debut sometime in the next 5 weeks or so. Leslie may end up delivering him from prison, as she may kill me for posting this photo.

One of the guests in also in attendance at the shower was another former co-worker and good friend Tamara. She made a quick trip from Ohio to surprise Les with a visit, and she brought with her her daughter Anna. By a twist of luck, Anna was born on the same day as Amy, only a few hours earlier. I had been in my postpartum room a matter of minutes when the phone rang, with Tamara on the other end telling me how she beat me. Since I knew Tam was bringing Anna to the shower, I brought Amy too, so our Birthday Babies could be properly introduced.
Finally, our boy Cooper is now 4 months old and he had a check-up today. He weighs 36 pounds now, so if he keeps growing at this rate, he will be 250 by the time he is fully grown.

Isn't he pretty! We get compliments on him whenever we take him anywhere. We think his shiny coat must be a result of all the cat poop he keeps eating out of the litterbox. I just have to keep reminding myself that he is a DOG. I also stay pretty far from his mouth.

So, that sums up what has been happening with us lately. We also had a nice day today-Phil took a day off work and he and I spent some time together sans kiddos while they were at school. Now they are out cutting the grass and washing cars, while I take a breather before I start putting stuff together to sell in the children's consignment sale we have around here twice a year. I sell all of the kids clothes from the year before, and buy some stuff for the coming season. I can usually get the majority of Amy's wardrobe there, but Nate has to get new stuff. At his age and size, clothes get pretty worn out and most of the stuff there for boys older than age two looks like it has been worn hard. Fortunately, Amy is still at an age where clothes generally get grown out of before they wear out. Anyway, I have 2 overflowing tubs of fall/winter clothes from last year that need to be sorted and hung up and tagged before the sale next week. I really look forward to this every fall and spring. They have a preview sale for all the consignors the night before the real sale starts and Mom and I always go together. We find some great deals and some cute stuff. We love it!

No comments: