Monday, January 5, 2009
Earry Update
Ack. Amy's right ear started draining again yesterday. She didn't complain of any pain this time, so I'm thinking that the eardrum wasn't totally healed up from the last time before she got infected again. Fortunately, when we went for her last recheck after the big rupture, I made the doc give us a prescription for antibiotics just in case, as it was 3 days before Christmas, and the last time she said her ear would be fine, it was infected two days later. So when she woke with drainage yesterday, Phil got that presciption filled and we started her drops again. I called the doctor who placed her first set of ear tubes and made an appointment for this Thursday. Sigh. If there is currently a hole in her eardrum, he won't be able to put tubes in just yet, but as soon as it is healed, we are in the operating room (as far as I'm concerned). Poor baby. I feel guilty being upset by all this ear crap, when there are parents out there whose children are truly sick, but I can't help it. It's more frustrating than anything else. I just want to not have to take her to a doctor for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment