Thursday, January 22, 2009
Potty Time??
It seems we may have arrived at a critical time in Amy's development, one that I have been partly looking forward to and partly dreading. She is not yet 27 months old, and has been on and off using the potty at school. Tuesday she was dry all day, pottied three times. Yesterday she sat but didn't do anything, and then today (at home), she told me she needed to go this morning, so we sat and she did in fact go. However, 30 minutes later when we went to sit again, she had already wet her diaper, and was oblivious to it. At the store yesterday, she picked out some Princess panties and some Elmo ones, but I have been hesitant to let her wear them. Here is where my laziness comes into play. I just remember the messes that Nate used to make when he was learning, and I just don't want to clean that stuff up yet. I know, I am a terrible mother, holding my (possibly) toilet-ready daughter back because I'm not looking forward to messes. I am considering letting her wear some panties this evening, since I am already in the process of washing all the laundry, and just see what happens. It really surprises me that she is to this point, since Nate was still having accidents well after he turned three and she isn't even 2 1/2 yet, but different child, different gender, and all that stuff. I am having a hard time remembering exactly what we did during the learning process with Nate, but I know we decided Pull-Ups are a huge waste of money. He just thought of them as diapers with cool pictures on them. It wasn't until after we bit the bullet and put him in underwear that he finally got it. And it did take him a while to get it. I think he was close to 3 1/2 before he consistently did #2 in the potty. Amy still seems so young to me in some ways, it is hard to imagine that she may be finished with diapers, but on the other hand, she has done many, many things earlier than her brother. I guess we will give it a try tonight and see what happens, but with her changing schools in a week, I hate to be too gung-ho about it. You never know what kind of effect that change will have on her, but these are the same people who potty-trained my niece at about this age. We shall see...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment