Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Conspiracy Theory

I am becoming a believer that the world is about to be taken over. Not by aliens or terrorists or anything like that, but by the amazing company who started by introducing us to our favorite mouse back in the olden days--the Disney company. Disney has the absolute most brilliant marketing minds available in the world today on its payroll, and here in the Anders household, we have been completely taken over by their evil scheme. Our TV is tuned to the Disney Channel for at least 4 to 5 hours a day, I haven't listened to "grown up" radio in the car since I don't remember when because it is always on Radio Disney (even when I am by myself...), and the most important point is that it's NOT JUST US! My niece Reagan is a Hannah Montana junkie, my nephew Grant loves "High School Musical" more than life itself, and I have friends at work whose children got nothing but merchandise featuring those two Disney entities for Christmas. Even my sweet Amy, who couldn't care less about television in general, stops what she is doing and sings along to the theme from "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" whenever she hears it. And when we are at Wal-mart (the other contender for world takeover) and Amy is in the doll section, she screams out "Tana, Hantana, Mama" when she spies the Hannah Montana dolls. Even I have been taken over! The Jonas Brothers' movie "Camp Rock" is premiering this Friday and I would LOVE to call in sick to work just to watch it. Thank God for Tivo! (Well, there is more than just that reason that makes me want to call in sick to work, but that is another post completely.) The soundtrack to "Camp Rock" was released today, and I downloaded it as soon as we got home from swimming lessons this morning. I firmly believe that one day, everything we encounter in our daily lives will somehow be related to the Disney corporation, from restaurants, to vehicles, to utilities, and all vacation destinations will be Disney as well. I mean think about it; for years when some sort of champion (Super Bowl winner, Olympic gold medalist, Indy 500 winner, etc.) has been asked what they will do next, they invariably say "I'm going to Disney World!" You can go on a Disney cruise, you can shop at a Disney store at your local mall, you can even buy Crocs shoes with mouse ear cutouts in them. Disney merchandise is everywhere, and is all my son can think of while he is awake. The little TV addict will watch nothing but "Playhouse Disney" from morning till night. It is something to think about, folks, and when world takeover happens sometime in the not-so-distant future, don't say I didn't warn you! But if you do want to contact me, you may have to look for me at Disney World.

2 comments:

Reags said...

The princesses invaded our home about a year and a half ago and the billeting doesn't look like it's coming to an end anytime soon. One wouldn't think little women in ball gowns could be sinister but I swear they leer at me from the Princess Lamp during our nightly bedtime routine. When asked at swim lessons what she wants to be when she grows up, Emma promptly replied, "Sleeping Beauty." World Domination is coming wearing mouse-ears and crowns.

Katie Anders said...

I feel so validated...